Tuesday, December 03, 2019

This Is All The More Urgent, For You Know How Late It Is; Time Is Running Out. Wake Up …


This Is All The More Urgent,
For You Know How Late It Is;
Time Is Running Out. Wake Up …
Scripture
Romans 13
11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 
12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. 
13 Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. 
14 Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires.
Observation
This past September Kathy and I had the opportunity to attend our 50th High School Reunion. I mention that because Kathy and I started dating during our senior year at Hillsborough High School, which by the way is just down the street from where we are now living.
My best friend, Mike Metziere, was going to ask Kathy out on a date and that is what gave me the courage to finally ask her out. I had to ask her out before my friend Mike did. About a year later, Kathy and I got married and my buddy Mike was my best man at our wedding.
Yesterday, Mike's sister Carolyn, sent me a message that my life long friend and high school buddy Mike had passed away. It is with tears and sadness that I am writing this blog this morning.
A little over a month ago Mike had a heart attack. While in the hospital waiting for by-pass surgery, Mike fell and broke his clavicle so he was unable to have the heart surgery and was discharged and sent home.
But while he was in the hospital they discovered that he had cancer and now just a few weeks later the cancer has taken his life. Yes … all of it is unbelievable and difficult, no, it is totally impossible to grasp and understand.
Once again this is a reminder to 'Eddy' that life is very short. We never know what tomorrow will bring.
Since this past September, after attending our high school reunion, which was only a few months ago, Kathy and I have had 3 of our former classmates pass away.
So to all of us the Apostle Paul's words in Romans 13 are very timely,
This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up ...”
Application
I will strive to live each day that I have left on planet Earth with purpose and meaning and in a way that makes my Heavenly Father smile!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for my friend Mike's family. Be with them as they grieve this loss. I pray that You will do a mighty work in each one of their lives. Help them as they grieve.
I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to live in a way that brings You glory and honor. Give them the ability to walk in victory over anything that is trying to mess up their life.
Daily Bible Reading: Romans 13,14,15,16



No comments: