Saturday, December 21, 2019

The Thief's Purpose Is To Steal And Kill And Destroy. My Purpose Is To Give Them A Rich And Satisfying Life.


The Thief's Purpose Is To Steal And Kill And Destroy.
My Purpose Is To Give Them
A Rich And Satisfying Life.
Scripture
John 10
6 Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant, 
7 so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 
8 All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. 
9 Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. 
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
Observation
We have an enemy. It is not our spouse. It is not our boss. Our enemy is real and he steals. Yes, he is a thief, a murderer, and a destroyer! He steals, if he can, the life that God intends for you and I to have.
Jesus' purpose is to give us a rich and satisfying life!
So here is the million dollar question: Are we experiencing a rich and satisfying life or is my life and your life filled with drama and turmoil caused by the thief?
I am not talking about a trouble free life. Jesus doesn't promise us that but what He does promise us, if we will follow Him, is a life filled with purpose and meaning.
Are you experiencing that kind of life?
Satan wants to destroy us. Jesus wants to give us a rich and satisfying life.
Application
I am committing my life to the One who has promised me a rich and satisfying life!
How about you? Who are you following?
Psalm 23:1
1 Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!
Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 
12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 
13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the Good Shepherd. I have everything that I need. Thank You for giving me a rich and satisfying life just as You promised in John 10:10.
I pray for those who right now are experiencing turmoil and drama that comes because they are living and following the Devil. They have believed his lies and they think that they can live without You. Open up their eyes so that they can see that the Christian life is not just Eternal life in the future, but it is a rich and satisfying life right here and right now. Help them to see what they are missing. Help them to trust in You.
Daily Bible Reading: John 9,10,11



No comments: