Monday, December 23, 2019

This Is My Command: Love Each Other.


This
Is My Command:
Love Each Other.
Scripture
John 15
17 This is my command: Love each other.
Observation
This verse only contains 7 words and only takes about a second to read it, but living this verse out, now that is an entirely different story!
Those three words out of the seven are not a suggestion by Jesus, no, they are a command: “Love each other.” Family members who are difficult to love … love them!
This command is repeated over and over and over again in God's Word because people, some people, no, maybe a lot of people are very difficult to love! Hey, maybe you are one of those people who people find difficult to love! Maybe I am!
Sharing God's love, showing God's love toward someone, is always a choice that you and I must make. It doesn't matter if we think that they deserve or not! Let's love them!
John 13:34-35
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.
1 John 3:11
This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
Application
I will look for ways to show my love to the more difficult people in my life.
How about you? Will you ignore this command or will you put into action?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for all the people that You have placed in my life, those who are easy to love and even for those that take extra work on my part to love and even like. Give me Your heart for the people around me. Help me to express the love that I have for people in a way that helps them to see Jesus in me.
Daily Bible Reading: John 15,16,17,18



No comments: