Friday, December 13, 2019

Let Us Think Of Ways To Motivate One Another To Acts Of Love And Good Works.


Let Us
Think Of Ways To Motivate One Another
To Acts Of Love And Good Works.
Scripture
Hebrews 10
23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 

24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 

25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

Hebrews 11
1 Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.
6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Observation

Hey, it's Christmas! There is no better time to put Hebrews 10:24 into action than right now! Who needs a little encouragement? Who needs to know that they are loved? There is no better time to show it than right now!

Verse 25 is also a reminder to all of us that church attendance is important too! If you have been laying out of church now is a great time to get out of that rut and get back with God's people so God can bless you!

Chapter 11 of Hebrews is the Hall of Faith chapter – the writer of Hebrews reminds us that if we are going to please God then we have to live our lives by faith, trusting totally in Him.

Application
I will put Hebrews 10:24 into practice and look for someone to encourage and help today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I love reading about all of the great people of faith found in Hebrews 11. They all walked by faith and they didn't even have the entire Bible to guide them like I do. So I know that I don't have any excuse not to live my life by faith. So help me Lord to trust You in every situation. Help me to trust You even when things seem like that they are going in the wrong direction. Help me to trust Your heart when I can't see Your hand in what is happening in my life. Help me to live my life by faith.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Encourage them, Lord. Show them that they can also live their life by faith. Show them that You can be trusted. Show them that You meet every need of his or her life. Bless them, Lord. May Your face shine on them with Your favor today.
Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 9,10,11



No comments: