Wednesday, December 18, 2019

“If You Only Knew The Gift Has For You And Who You Are Speaking To, You Would Ask Me, And I Would Give You Living Water.”


If You Only Knew The Gift Has For You And Who
You Are Speaking To, You Would Ask Me,
And I Would Give You Living Water.”
Scripture
John 4
7 Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” 
8 He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food.
9 The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?”
10 Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.”
11 “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? 
12 And besides, do you think you’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?”
13 Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. 
14 But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”
Observation
When I am talking with someone and talking to them about their relationship with Jesus Christ, I am also praying at the same time asking God to open up their heart so that they might understand and realize that the Gift of God is theirs if they will just receive it. I love to hear a person's testimony about when he or she came to realize their need of a Savior!
Don't you love it when the light comes on in someone's life and they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Nothing makes me or my Heavenly Father happier than that and I bet you are the same way if you are a follower of Jesus!
I am writing this from a waiting room at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville! My brother Rick is having knee replacemeng surgery tomorrow and I am his official chauffeur.
We are supposed to drive back to Tampa on Friday. So pray for Rick that the surgery goes well and pray for me that I will be able to take care of my patient!

Application
I will keep telling people about Jesus! And I will rejoice along with the Angels in Heaven every time someone places their faith and trust in Jesus!
How about you? Have you received the Gift of Christmas – Jesus?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the opportunity to tell people about Jesus. I will continue to pray for those who are close to me that still don't know the joy of having a personal relationship with You. They are just existing. One day I hope and I pray that they will experience a personal relationship with You.
Daily Bible Reading: John 2,3,4



No comments: