Saturday, December 28, 2019

When The Lamb Broke The Fifth Seal, I Saw Under The Altar The Souls Of All Who Had Been Martyred For The Word Of God …


When The Lamb Broke The Fifth Seal,
I Saw Under The Altar
The Souls Of All Who Had Been Martyred For The Word Of God …
Scripture
Revelation 6
9 When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of all who had been martyred for the word of God and for being faithful in their testimony. 
10 They shouted to the Lord and said, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you judge the people who belong to this world and avenge our blood for what they have done to us?” 
11 Then a white robe was given to each of them. And they were told to rest a little longer until the full number of their brothers and sisters —their fellow servants of Jesus who were to be martyred—had joined them.
Observation
I happened to click on “World News” yesterday as I was trying to see what was making the headlines and I saw that ISIS had beheaded ten Christians in Nigeria and then I read that over 1,000 Christians in Nigeria had been martyred this year alone.
It rarely makes the news, but our brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world are dying every day simply because they are Christians. The 10 were beheaded in Nigeria as revenge for our military causing the death of their leader, Abū Bakr al-Baghdadi .
I tried to look to see how many Christians were martyred last year for their faith, but it is impossible to know the exact number. Thousands die each year around the world because they acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior … thousands!
Here in the USA all we experience, at least right now, is nothing compared to what is experienced by our brothers and sisters in Christ in many other countries around our planet.
Application
I will continue to pray for and financially support our missionaries overseas, many who are serving in very dangerous places.
How about you? Did you that you can send funds directly to IMB.org to help support over 3,600 missionaries around the world.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for my brothers and sisters around the world who are living out their faith in very difficult circumstances. Show me how I can do more to help them. I pray for missionaries serving in difficult places. Encourage them, Lord. I pray for my friends who are serving you in different parts of the world. Help them to sense Your presence today. Give them the strength they need and open up doors of ministry for them to be effective where they serve.
Daily Bible Reading: Revelation 5,6,7,8,9



No comments: