Thursday, December 05, 2019

You Made Me; You Created Me. Now Give Me The Sense To Follow Your Commands.


You Made Me;
You Created Me.
Now Give Me The Sense To Follow Your Commands.
Scripture
Psalm 119
73 You made me; you created me.
    Now give me the sense to follow your commands.
74 May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy,
    for I have put my hope in your word.
Observation
I love verse 73 of Psalm 119! It is just what you and I need today. At least it is for me!
We need the good sense to follow God's commands!
You probably already know that this is the longest chapter in the Bible with a whopping 173 verses. Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter with only two verses and in one of the verses of Psalm 118 you have the middle of the Bible.
There are exactly 594 chapters before Psalm 118, and exactly 594 chapters after it. Of course, like anything else, depending on what version of the Bible you use the exact center may be a little different.
Okay, that is enough trivia.
Application
Psalm 119:73-74 is a good prayer for me to pray today!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.
I pray for any person who has taken the time to read this simple blog. Give them the sense to follow Your commands too!
Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 5,6; Psalms 119:1-80



No comments: