Thursday, December 19, 2019

“Would You Like To Get Well?”


Would You
Like
To Get Well?”
Scripture
John 5
One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. 

When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”

“I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.”
Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!”
Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking!
Observation
I am writing this from Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville. My brother Rick has just gone into the operating room for knee replacement surgery!
I am downstairs in an area for charging computers and cell phones located in a hall between two of the huge buildings here! So many sick people are walking by or are being pushed in wheelchairs on their way to get medical help!
It made me think of the question that Jesus asked the crippled man in John 5, “Would you like to get well?”
No matter how good the doctors are and no matter how could the hospital is – I still trust the Great Physician to take care of my brother during this surgery.
I hope that you are placing your faith and your trust in the only One who can take care of you!
We never know what is going on inside of our bodies!
Application
I am trusting my life to Jesus Christ – He is my Healer!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for my brother Rick. Guide the surgeon's hands. Take care of every detail of this surgery. I pray for a quick recovery with no set backs.
I pray for any person reading this blog who is dealing with sickness. Help them to trust You 100%!
Daily Bible Reading: John 5,6



No comments: