Wednesday, December 25, 2019

This Is Real Love – Not That We Loved God, But That He Loved Us And Sent His Son As A Sacrifice To Take Away Our Sins.


This Is Real Love – Not That We Loved God,
But That He Loved Us And
Sent His Son As A Sacrifice To Take Away Our Sins.
Scripture
1 John 4
9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 
10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
11 Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. 
12 No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.
1 John 5
5 And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 
12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.
21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.
Observation
This is real love - “God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.”
Love came down -- “His name is JESUS!” This is Christmas for me!
The Apostle John ends his writing in 1 John with this word of warning to me, “Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.”
Application
I celebrate today – the birth of my Savior!
How about you? Will you take time today to truly celebrate?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for all that You have given me. My wonderful family, so many great friends, and my health. I am blessed. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of being called one of Your children. Thank You for the opportunity to know the Christ of Christmas. There is no greater joy than being a part of Your forever family. Nothing even comes close!

I pray today for those you find themselves sick and feeling bad this Christmas. I pray for healing for them, Lord. I pray for those who are lonely because they have lost a spouse, a child, a parent, or a dear friend. May they sense Your presence today. Encourage them, Lord. Smile on them today with Your favor!
Daily Bible Reading: 1 John 1,2,3,4,5



No comments: