Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!


Amen!
Come,
Lord Jesus!
Scripture
Revelation 22
20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!
21 May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s holy people.
Observation
If you didn't already know it Revelation 22:20-21 are the last two verses of the Bible! If you have been reading the Bible through in a year then today you probably read Revelation 22! Congratulations!
I have been reading the Bible through each year and writing a tiny blog about something that I read and I have been posting it on the internet since 2006.
After I post today's blog I will have posted 4,356 blogs up on Blogger.com … I started doing this before there was even something called Facebook.
So what is my plan for 2020?
Tomorrow I will start to read the Bible all over again using the Bible reading plan developed by Pastor Wayne Cordeiro. I have been using this same plan since I heard about it at a Pastor's conference in 2006.
This plan will take you through the entire Bible once and the New Testament twice in a year! It is a plan that gives you the opportunity to read a little of the Old Testament and New Testament each day!
I mention this not to brag. As you know, if you have ever read any of my blogs, you know that they are very simple. They are just a simple thought about what I read from that day's Daily Bible reading.
I mention this because I want to encourage you to make a commitment to the Lord to read His Word every day in 2020. And I have found that writing down something about what I read every day helps me get more out of what I have read. Journaling can be on paper in a notebook. It is easier for me to use my computer.
Posting it every day on Facebook and on Blogger.com and sending it to certain people via email has also been a way of holding myself accountable. My brother-in-law, David Bearden and several others will call me, text me, or email me any time that they don't see my morning blog! And I appreciate them doing that so much.
Posting it gives me the opportunity to pray for you and anyone else who might take a second or two to read it. Kathy tells me often that you have become my congregation!
Application
I look forward to spending time with the Lord in His Word every day in 2020!
How about you? Will you make the commitment to read God's Word every day in 2020?
And I agree with the Apostle John when he says, “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us Your Word, the Bible. Help me to read Your Word every day. Don't let me miss a day. Show me new things as I read it. Give me understanding and help me to obey and put into practice what I read.
I pray for any person who is reading this simple blog today. Give them a hunger and desire to be in Your Word every day in 2020! Help them to be successful. Bless them, Lord for reading and guarding Your Word in their heart.
Daily Bible Reading: Revelation 19,20,21,22



No comments: