Tuesday, December 24, 2019

But These Things Are Written So That You May Continue To Believe That Jesus Is The Messiah, The Son Of God


But These Things Are Written So That You May
Continue To Believe That Jesus
Is The Messiah, The Son Of God
Scripture
John 20
30 The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book. 
31 But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.
John 21
25 Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.
Observation

I read these chapters in the hospital this morning. I had to take my brother Rick to the ER again. This is the second time that I have had to take him to the ER since I brought him home from Jacksonville after he had knee replacement surgery last Thursday. He is trying to manage the pain and the swelling that have both been very intense.

The Apostle John wrote his account of the life of Christ so that you and I could read it and believe in Jesus as the Messiah, as the Savior of the world.

I hope that you have had the opportunity to know personally the Christ of Christmas! There is no way to really celebrate Christmas without knowing Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord!
John 3:16
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
John 5:24
24 “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.
1 John 5:11-13
11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 
12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.
13 I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.
Application
Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savior! I believe in the Christ of Christmas!
How about you? Is Jesus your Lord and your Savior?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Help them to believe. Help them to trust You with every detail of their life.

I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing.

Daily Bible Reading: John 19,20,21



No comments: