Sunday, December 29, 2019

Lord, Remind Me How Brief My Time On Earth Will Be. Remind Me That My Days Are Numbered – How Fleeting My Life Is.


Lord, Remind Me How Brief My Time On Earth Will Be.
Remind Me That My Days Are Numbered –
How Fleeting My Life Is.
Scripture
Psalm 39
4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
    Remind me that my days are numbered—
    how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
    My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
    at best, each of us is but a breath.”
Observation
2020 is right around the corner – not one of us know whether we will make it to see 2021. The truth is that there is no guarantee that we will even make it to see the end 2019. Knowing how short life is should cause us to live our lives differently.
I don't care to make New Year's resolutions because we don't keep them, at least for me, they only last a few weeks.
But making a fresh new commitment to the Lord as we enter 2020 now that makes very good sense!
What commitment or commitments do you need to make? Starting back to church … getting involved in a small group … serving in some way at church and maybe in your community ... taking better care of your body … giving more to further the Kingdom of God? Whatever God puts on our hearts, lets do it. Life is too short to put it off!
Application
Over the next few days before January 1, 2020 I will think about what commitments the Lord would want me to make to Him so I can start this New Year out right.
How about you? What needs to change?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me what needs to change in my life. Then help me make the commitment to You to make the changes. I know that life is short. Nobody needs to tell me. I know that I am in the fourth quarter of this game called life and the final two minute warning has sounded. Help me, Lord, to finish well. Show me what commitments I need to make to You and then help me keep those commitments.
I pray for any person reading this blog. Encourage them, Lord. Help them to make positive changes in his or her life. Help them to make life changing commitments to You in this coming new year. Use them for Your glory.
Daily Bible Reading: Revelation 10,11,12,13,14; I added: Psalm 29, Psalm 39; Proverbs 29



No comments: