Thursday, December 12, 2019

Therefore He Is Able, Once And Forever, To Save Those Who Come To God Through Him. He Lives Forever To Intercede With God On Their Behalf.


Therefore He Is Able, Once And Forever,
To Save Those Who Come To God Through Him.
He Lives Forever To Intercede With God On Their Behalf.
Scripture
Hebrews 6:19
19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.
Hebrews 7
24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever.
25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
Observation
I could have written about Hebrews 6:18b-19 this morning which says, “Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.”
Hebrews 6:19 is one of Kathy's favorite verses! Maybe you are being tossed about today with trials and problems and you need an anchor this morning for your soul.
I think that Hebrews 7:24 is a verse that goes right along with the promise we find in Hebrews 6:19. Our hope, the anchor for our soul, is found in Jesus Christ, who is at this very minute praying for us, pleading with our Heavenly Father on our behalf.
And because we have Jesus interceding for us at the right hand of our Heavenly Father you and I can come boldly to our God's throne of grace and receive His mercy, and His grace to help us when we need it most. (Hebrews 4:16)
Application
Reading all of God's promises found in today's Bible reading gives me the confidence and the assurance that my Heavenly Father will take care of every detail of my life.
How about you? Are you trusting Him today?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for every single promise that You have given to me in Your Word. Today's Bible reading was full of Your promises. You are on my side. You have given me everything that I need to live a godly life. Thank You. This hope is an anchor for my soul. When the storms of life come against me, I am confident that my anchor will hold.
I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Help them to grasp and hold on to the truth of these verses for themselves.
Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 5,6,7,8



No comments: