Monday, December 30, 2019

Teach Us To Realize The Brevity Of Life, So That We May Grow In Wisdom.


Teach Us To Realize
The Brevity Of Life,
So That We May Grow In Wisdom.
Scripture
Psalm 90
10 Seventy years are given to us!
    Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
    soon they disappear, and we fly away.
11 Who can comprehend the power of your anger?
    Your wrath is as awesome as the fear you deserve.
12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
    so that we may grow in wisdom.
Observation
For two days in a row my daily Bible reading has included something about my life and about how short my live is! I know that I am a slow learner, but I think the message is starting to sink in!
Of course, this is a topic that is repeated over and over again in Scripture, but two days in a row – God, You have my attention!
Seventy years are given to us! Some even live to eighty.” When I read Psalm 90:10 it reminded me that I am getting real close to 70!
Nobody likes to think about or even talk about death, especially their own, but the truth is we are all getting closer to meeting our Maker with every breath we take!
I love what Billy Graham once said about his death, “ Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”
Application
It has been said that the quote originally came from one of Billy Graham's heroes, Rev. D.L. Moody. So I will borrow it for myself:
Someday you will read or hear that Eddy Williams is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I woke up this morning to face yet another week. You have smiled once again on me with Your favor. I know that my body was not made to last forever. One day it will be folded up like a tent. This tent that I am living in will be taken down. So help me live each day with purpose and meaning. Help me to live today in a way that makes You smile.
I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Help them to realize the brevity of life. Help them to change whatever needs to change in his or her life to bring You more glory. Help me to do the same.
Daily Bible Reading: Revelation 15,16,17,18; I added: Psalm 30, Psalm 90, Proverbs 30



No comments: