Thursday, December 26, 2019

I Am Worn Out Waiting For Your Rescue, But I Have Put My Hope In Your Word.


I Am Worn Out Waiting For Your Rescue,
But
I Have Put My Hope In Your Word.
Scripture
Psalm 119
81 I am worn out waiting for your rescue,
    but I have put my hope in your word.
82 My eyes are straining to see your promises come true.
    When will you comfort me?
145 I pray with all my heart; answer me, Lord!
    I will obey your decrees.
146 I cry out to you; rescue me,
    that I may obey your laws.
147 I rise early, before the sun is up;
    I cry out for help and put my hope in your words.
148 I stay awake through the night,
    thinking about your promise.
Observation
Sometimes there is the danger, at least for me, of reading God's Word and not thinking about what I am really reading. For instance, I have read Psalm 119 many times and usually because it is so long (176 verses long), I am just glad to make my way through it!
But today as I read this Psalm, I felt the pain and the suffering that this person must have been experiencing as he wrote it.
Maybe you are at a place, where like the Psalmist, you are worn out waiting for God's rescue.
If you are, then maybe Psalm 119:81-148 is just what you need today!
Application
I am crying out to God today for people who are suffering and who are in desperate need of being rescued.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, we are helpless without You. I cry out to You for those who need to be rescued. I pray for healing. I pray for them counting on the promises that I hold on to in Your Word. You are faithful. You will never leave us or abandon us. You will take care of us. We are counting on You to come through in the lives of those who are suffering. Show them that they can trust in You during difficult times.
Psalm 117:2
2 For his unfailing love for us is powerful;
    the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.
Praise the Lord!
Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 117; Psalm 119:81-176; 2 John 1; 3 John 1



No comments: