Sunday, December 15, 2019

My Dear Brothers And Sisters, If Someone Among You Wanders Away From The Truth And Is Brought Back …


My Dear Brothers And Sisters,
If Someone Among You Wanders Away From The Truth
And Is Brought Back …
Scripture
James 1
16 So don’t be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. 
17 Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.
18 He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.
James 5
19 My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, 
20 you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
Observation
Jesus said this about Himself over 2,000 years ago, “I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life” and that still holds true today! Truth is under attack! You and I, if we hold to the truth of the Bible are viewed as intolerant, narrow minded, and prejudice!
I had someone say to me, when we were discussing another person's beliefs (the person didn't believe in the God of the Bible), “Well you have your truth and they have their truth.” My answer back to this person was NO! Truth is found in the Word of God. God's Word is truth! No, what they are believing is not “truth”.
Sincerely believing something doesn't make it the truth!
In John 18 when Jesus stood before Pilate asked Jesus, “So you are a king?”Jesus responded, “You say I am a king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.” To which Pilate responded, “What is truth?”
We live in a day that the “news” that one hears or that one reads can't be trusted! In our country today one of the biggest fears that people have is that of corrupt politicians.
Oh, we live in a day where the Truth of the Bible is desperately needed.
Application
I will hold on to the truth of the Bible.
How about you? What is truth for you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, we live in a crazy world. It is a world that rejects the truth of Your Word. Show me how to faithfully live out my faith in a world that is not my home. Thank goodness I am just passing through and this is not my forever home. I pray for our leaders. Help them to be men and women of integrity. Help them live by the truth of Your Word. Give them wisdom.
Daily Bible Reading: James 1,2,3,4,5



No comments: