Sunday, December 22, 2019

I Am Leaving You With A Gift – Peace Of Mind And Heart. And The Peace I Give Is A Gift The World Cannot Give. So Don't Be Troubled Or Afraid.


I Am Leaving You With A Gift – Peace Of Mind And Heart.
And The Peace I Give Is A Gift The World Cannot Give.
So Don't Be Troubled Or Afraid.
Scripture
John 14
1 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.
2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 
3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 
4 And you know the way to where I am going.”
5 “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
Observation
Don't let your hearts be troubled”! Those words were said by Jesus to his disciples a few hours before He was nailed to the cross, and they are very good words for us today.
Christmas time is the best time of the year, but it is also a time of very high stress and emotional turmoil for many.
Jesus has given us a gift – peace of mind and heart.
So if you find yourself stressed out right now and not in a good frame of mind, let me suggest that You go to the only One who can gift you with peace of both mind and heart. His name is Jesus! Talk to Him!
Satan is the “grinch” that wants to steal your Christmas joy! He is a thief, a liar, and a destroyer. He loves to cause drama and turmoil. Don't let him do it!
Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called:
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!
Application
I am going to stay close to Jesus during these next few days.
How about you?
John 16:33
33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me peace. Thank You for giving us Your Holy Spirit. You have not left us alone. You did not abandon us. Thank You for the peace that I have in my life. You are the Prince of Peace. So many of your promises come to my mind when I think of this gift of peace that is available to all of us who believe in Your Son.
I pray for those who find themselves troubled and stressed right now. Give them Your peace of mind and heart.
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Daily Bible Reading: John 12,13,14



No comments: