Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Because He Accepted The People's Worship Instead Of Giving The Glory To God. So He Was Consumed With Worms And Died.


Because He Accepted The People's Worship
Instead Of Giving The Glory To God.
So He Was Consumed With Worms And Died.
Scripture
Acts 12
23 Instantly, an angel of the Lord struck Herod with a sickness, because he accepted the people’s worship instead of giving the glory to God. So he was consumed with worms and died.
Observation
I am not a king but I think I see a clear message for me in this story! God should always get the glory in my life not Eddy! I don't know about you, but being consumed by a bunch of worms sounds like a terrible way to go! It gives me the creeps just thinking about it.
We don't have to be a king to try to get the glory for ourselves. In fact, every day we have the choice of whether we are going to live that day for the glory of God or live it for ourselves.
1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Application
I will live out this day for the glory of God and not my own.
How about you?
Philippians 2:5-11
5 You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
6 Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.
7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
    he took the humble position of a slave
    and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,
8     he humbled himself in obedience to God
    and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
    and gave him the name above all other names,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that I have a choice today. I can live today in a way that brings You glory or I can choose to live it for myself. Help me make the right choice. I don't want to miss what You have in store for me today. Guide me in the right direction. Don't let me get sidetracked with my own stuff. Put on my heart what You want me to do for You so that You get the glory.
I pray for our country today. I pray for our leaders. I pray for our president. I pray for healing.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 39,40; Psalms 15; Acts 12



No comments: