Saturday, February 29, 2020

“You Are Seeing Things Merely From A Human Point Of View, Not From God's.”


You Are Seeing
Things Merely From A Human Point Of View,
Not From God's.”
Scripture
Mark 8
31 Then Jesus began to tell them that the Son of Man must suffer many terrible things and be rejected by the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He would be killed, but three days later he would rise from the dead. 

32 As he talked about this openly with his disciples, Peter took him aside and began to reprimand him for saying such things.

33 Jesus turned around and looked at his disciples, then reprimanded Peter. “Get away from me, Satan!” he said. “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”
34 Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. 
35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. 
36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?
37 Is anything worth more than your soul? 
38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”
Observation
Looking back over my life, when I was younger, in my 20's, 30's 40's, and even 50's experiencing the death of a loved one and attending someone's funeral seemed like a very rare thing, but now that I am just about to leave my sixties in a year, oh my goodness, it seems like a weekly event. I don't know about you, but I am glad that this place is not my forever home! I am just passing through.
When Jesus was talking about His death and His resurrection Simon Peter scolded Him, just like some of our loved ones do if we begin to talk about dying.
What Jesus said to Peter in response is exactly what I am thinking about as I write this simple blog. Jesus told Peter, “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”
I want to see what is happening around me, yes and especially death, from God's point of view, from His perspective, not from a human's point of view. I want to see and grasp the big picture! Don't you?
John 11:25
25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.
Romans 8:38-39
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,  neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 

39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Application
This broken world is not my home. I am just passing through!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am so thankful for Your Word. Without it I would have no hope. You have a plan for me and it is a forever plan. Jeremiah 29:11 is your plan for me and for all who put their faith and trust in You.
 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 28,29; Mark 8



No comments: