Sunday, February 16, 2020

Kind Words Are Like Honey – Sweet To The Soul And Healthy For The Body.


Kind Words
Are Like Honey –
Sweet To The Soul And Healthy For The Body.
Scripture
Proverbs 16
24 Kind words are like honey—
    sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Observation
How do you talk to the people that you love, or that you are supposed to love? It is so easy to fall into the trap of being short with our loved ones, with be grouchy, with saying unkind things to our spouse or to our children.
I hope that your spouse and your children don't let you get away with that. Kathy isn't about to put up with it from me!
I love you. I was wrong. Will you forgive me? Three phrases we better memorize and use often.
There is power in our words – power to heal and build up and sadly also power to tear down and destroy.
Proverbs 12:18 NCV
18 Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.
Proverbs 15:4 MSG
4 Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim.
Application
I will watch what I say and how I say what I say. I will apologize when I am short, when my tone is harsh or when I say hurtful things to Kathy or to anyone else.
How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14) Don't let me be abusive with what I say and how I say it.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to guard their mouth. Help them to use what they say to build up people and not to tear people down.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 26,27; Acts 23; I added: Psalm 16, Psalm 36, Proverbs 16



No comments: