Monday, February 03, 2020

Then Peter Replied, “I See Very Clearly That God Shows No Favoritism”


Then Peter Replied,
I See Very Clearly
That God Shows No Favoritism”
Scripture
Acts 10
34 Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. 
35 In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right. 
36 This is the message of Good News for the people of Israel—that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
Observation
This was a wake up call for Simon Peter. He struggled with prejudice and we have the tendency to do the same thing.
God loves variety – just look at this wonderfully diverse world that He has created for us to live in with all the different animals, flowers, trees, fish, and insects. Look at how He created this world for us to live in bursting in beauty and variety – with mountains, streams, lakes and rivers, oceans, lush meadows, and valleys.
He has created us humans with that same kind of wonderful diversity just look around not one of us are the same!
And yet, unlike our Heavenly Father, we have the tendency to show favoritism towards certain people just like Simon Peter did before his encounter with Cornelius in Acts 10.
Have you learned the lesson of Acts 10:34 or is your heart still as hard as a rock?
Application
I will love people -red and yellow, black and white – and no matter what language they speak I will love them.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, give me the capacity to love people the way You love people. Don't let me think that I am better than anyone else. Help me to put other people and their needs above my own. Touch my heart with what touches Your heart. Thank You for today. It is new and exciting. I look forward to meeting people in a few minutes at Mission Tampa and praying with them.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 35,36; Acts 10



No comments: