Monday, February 17, 2020

Grandchildren Are The Crowning Glory Of The Aged;


Grandchildren
Are
The Crowning Glory Of The Aged;
Scripture
Proverbs 17
6 Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged;
    parents are the pride of their children.
Observation
Getting old is not for the weak at heart … there is nothing 'golden' in these so called “golden years” except for one thing – Grandchildren! Nothing is better than spending some time with grandkids … we can spoil them and then we can send them back home to their parents!
Speaking to the last part of that verse, I hope that Kathy and I have lived in a way that makes our kids proud of us. If we haven't then shame on us! After all, being a parent is no easy job, and I think that our kids are finding that out as they are trying to raise our fifteen grandchildren!
Application
I will enjoy my grandchildren.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my children and my grandchildren. Bless them, Lord. Show them that they can trust You with every detail of their lives. Draw them close to You. Open up their hearts to spiritual things. Protect them. Use them for Your kingdom. Help them to walk in obedience so that they can experience Your blessings.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 1,2; Acts 24; Proverbs 17



No comments: