Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Lord Is My Shepherd; I Have All That I Need.


The Lord
Is My Shepherd;
I Have All That I Need.
Scripture
Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3     He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
4 Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
5 You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.
Observation
Until the Lord is enough in my life and until the Lord is enough in your life nothing will ever be enough!
Unhappy? Feeling deprived? Do you ever feel like you are being short changed? Or maybe feel that you are receiving the short end of the stick?
King David knew the secret to living a life of contentment – “Because the Lord was his shepherd he had everything that he needed!”
The Apostle Paul expressed the same sentiment when he penned the following verses while he was in prison:
1 Timothy 6:6-7
6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it.
Philippians 4:11-13
11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 

12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 

13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Application

If and when I start feeling discontented, deprived, and short changed … it will be a warning sign that my relationship with the Lord needs to be repaired.
How about you?
Revelation 2:4
“But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!
Revelation 3:15-17
15 “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! 
16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! 
17 You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't ever let my love for You grow cold. I always want to be able to say, “Because the Lord is my shepherd I have everything I need!” Don't let me ever forget that the secret of being content is keeping my relationship right with You.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 7; Psalms 23; Acts 27



No comments: