Monday, February 10, 2020

When The Storms Of Life Come, The Wicked Are Whirled Away, But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.


When The Storms Of Life Come,
The Wicked Are Whirled Away,
But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.
Scripture
Proverbs 10
25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away,
    but the godly have a lasting foundation.

Observation

No, not if, but 'when' the storms of life come! If things are calm in your life right now, be sure to enjoy the moment, yes, take time to catch your breath because another life storm is headed your way.

Yes, we cause some of the storms by the stupid way we live and the dumb things we do. Other storms are caused by the stupid way other people close to us live and the dumb things that they do. Yet, other life storms that clobber us seem to come out of nowhere and they are not our fault at all.
I searched the internet for some good quotes on 'storms of life' and here are two that I liked:
Some storms last longer than other storms, but at the end of every storm there is light.”
No storm can last forever. It will never rain 365 days consecutively. Keep in mind that trouble comes to pass, not to stay. Don’t worry! No storm, not even the one in your life, can last forever.”
John 16:33
I told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have defeated the world.”
Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

Application
God is my refuge and strength. I will not fear when trouble comes my way.
How about you? Do you have an anchor for your soul?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that in this life I will have trouble. I know it because Jesus told me that I would. You never promised me a trouble free life. You did promise me that You would walk with me through whatever comes my way. I am counting on You, Lord. I am counting on You. I know that You will never leave me or forsake me. I have Your Word on that!

I pray for those who are going through a storm right now. I pray for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. I pray for someone who is struggling in his marriage. I pray for the person who has a life threatening illness. Walk with them, Lord. Show them Your power, Your love, and Your strength. Help them to weather the storm.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 13,14; Acts 17; I added: Psalm 10, Psalm 40; Proverbs 10



No comments: