Saturday, February 15, 2020

O Lord, I Give My Life To You.


O Lord,
I
Give My Life To You.
Scripture
Psalm 25
1 O Lord, I give my life to you.
4 Show me the right path, O Lord;
    point out the road for me to follow.

5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God who saves me.
    All day long I put my hope in you.

6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
    which you have shown from long ages past.

7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
    Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
    for you are merciful, O Lord.
Observation

I hope that you have prayed a prayer similar to the prayer that King David prayed in Psalm 25, when he prayed, “Lord, I give my life to you.”
King David was far from perfect, but he was a man after God's own heart. God knows that you and I are broken. He knows that we are sinners. But what God wants from us is a surrendered heart.
Have you prayed and asked Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior?
Have you come to a point in your life when you have realized that God loves you and that He sent Jesus Christ to this earth to die in your place?
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Application

It has been nearly 50 years ago since I gave my life to God by placing my faith and my trust in what Jesus did on the cross for me. I surrendered my life to Him back when I was nineteen years old and He has never left me!

How about you? Have you ever given your life to Jesus Christ?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am far from perfect, but I know that I am forgiven. I know that I am a child of the Kingdom of God. I know that I have been bought with a high price. I know that I have been bought with the precious blood of Your Son Jesus Christ. Thank You for saving me. I don't deserve it.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. I pray for his or her salvation. I pray that You work in their hearts so that they will turn to You and give You their lives. I pray that they will surrender their lives to You.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 25; Psalms 25,26; Acts 22



No comments: