Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Stand Up In The Presence Of The Elderly, And Show Respect For The Aged. Fear Your God. I Am The Lord.


Stand Up In The Presence Of The Elderly,
And Show Respect For The Aged.
Fear Your God. I Am The Lord.
Scripture
Leviticus 19
32 Stand up in the presence of the elderly, and show respect for the aged. Fear your God. I am the Lord.
Observation
Human life is to be highly valued whether it is the life of an unborn baby or the life of an elderly person. When we lose respect for the lives of those at either end of the spectrum then I think that we have lost the fear and respect for our Creator. Life is precious.
There have been times when I have felt respected because of my age and of course there have been many times when I have felt rejection just because of my age.
And yet, I am still a youngster compared to some of the people that I admire the most.
Application
I will stand up in the presence of the elderly. I will show them respect. I will value life.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to live out this verse in Leviticus. Help me to show respect to those around me who have been on this earth a little longer than me. Help me defend the lives of the unborn every chance I get. Give me Your heart for the people around me. Touch my heart with what touches yours!
I pray for those who are going through the loss of a loved one. Give them strength, Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 18,19; Psalms 13; Acts 19



No comments: