Tuesday, February 18, 2020

He Led Me To A Place Of Safety; He Rescued Me Because He Delights In Me.


He Led Me
To A Place Of Safety;
He Rescued Me Because He Delights In Me.
Scripture
Psalm 18
19 He led me to a place of safety;
    he rescued me because he delights in me.

28 You light a lamp for me.
    The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.

29 In your strength I can crush an army;
    with my God I can scale any wall.

30 God’s way is perfect.
    All the Lord’s promises prove true.
    He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.

Observation
Honestly, I could have posted the entire Psalm! Psalm 18 is so good! Maybe I should have posted the entire Psalm. I hope that you take a minute and read it today. King David is celebrating being rescued from his enemy King Saul, and David is giving all the credit to his Lord for being rescued.
Two thoughts from two of these verses:
In Psalm 18:19 David realizes that God delights in him. Isn't that amazing that the God who created everything would delight in me, but He does. He delights in me. When I am obedient, when I am living my life according to His Word, it makes my God smile! Amazing!
How about Psalm 18:29? With my God no wall is too high, no army is too big, with my God nothing is impossible! This verse does remind me of Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
Application
When I am feeling weak and feeling defeated I want the Lord to remind me to read Psalm 18.
How about you? Feeling weak? Feeling defeated? Why not take a few minutes and read Psalm 18.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, every single promise that You have given me in Your Word I know You will keep. You are 100% trustworthy! I know that You delight in every detail of my life because You have told me in Your Word that You do. I don't deserve Your love and Your attention. But thank You for giving me what I dont' deserve.
I pray for any person reading this blog who may feel a little discouraged today. Speak to them through Your Word. Encourage them, Lord.
Psalm 37:23
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 3,4; Acts 25; I added: Psalm 18, Psalm 38; Proverbs 18



No comments: