Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Teacher, Don't You Care …


Teacher,
Don't
You Care …
Scripture
Mark 4
35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 
36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 
37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 
38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
Observation
Don't be too rough on the disciples of Jesus – I bet that you and I have thought the same thing before when something bad happened to us or when something bad happened to one of our loved ones. God, don't You care?
Sickness, death, dying, financial reversal, divorce, and a million other things could happen that could cause us to call into question the goodness of our Heavenly Father.
Living in this world is brutal – and no, life is definitely not fair.
You and I will face storms. Our boats will take on water and we will feel like we are getting ready to sink.
Here is the advantage that we have over Jesus' twelve disciples … we know that He cares. We have the entire Word of God. We have thousands and thousands of His promises that we can read and hold on to each day!
We know how much God loves us and cares about us. Jesus paid a very high price, His own blood to make sure that I live forever with Him. He loves us that much!

Application
Nothing touches my life that is not first filtered through the hands of our Heavenly Father. He has allowed it to touch my life. I need to walk by faith, trusting Him, as I go through each and every challenge and trial.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that each and every challenge that comes my way is an opportunity for me to exercise my faith and my trust in You. How could I ever learn to trust You if I never experienced problems and trouble. Don't let me blame You when bad things happen to me or to those I love. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. I know that You have in store for me things that are so good that I can't even imagine how good that it is going to be. I know that one day I will live in a perfect pain free body in a restored world where everything is perfect and no hint of evil. I look forward to that day! Come, Lord Jesus! Come!
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 17,18; Psalms 29; Mark 4



No comments: