Tuesday, February 04, 2020

May The Words Of My Mouth And The Meditation Of My Heart Be Pleasing To You, O Lord, My Rock And My Redeemer.


May The Words Of My Mouth
And The Meditation Of My Heart
Be Pleasing To You, O Lord, My Rock And My Redeemer.
Scripture
Psalm 19
12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
    Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
    Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
    and innocent of great sin.
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Observation
Psalm 19:13 in the MESSAGE Bible starts out “Keep me from stupid sins” and that is my prayer for myself today and that is my prayer for you too - “Lord, keep us from stupid sins that will mess us up our lives and mess up our walk with You!”
Psalm 19:14 is the second part of my prayer today and I hope it is the desire of your heart too - “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
God wants to use us today for His glory. Let's not let anything get in His way!
Application
I am hiding God's Word in my heart so I don't do stupid sins today.
How about you?
Psalm 119:9,11
9 How can a young person stay pure?
    By obeying your word.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. I know that if I am not in Your Word every day spending time with You that my heart will wander and I will do stupid sins that will mess up my walk with You. Help me to guard my heart, Lord. Keep me away from those stupid sins. “Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.” Psalm 119:105
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 37,38; Psalms 19; Acts 11



No comments: