Thursday, February 27, 2020

For They Still Didn't Understand The Significance Of The Miracle Of The Loaves. Their Hearts Were Too Hard To Take It In.


For They Still Didn't Understand The Significance
Of The Miracle Of The Loaves.
Their Hearts Were Too Hard To Take It In.
Scripture
Mark 6
45 Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. 

46 After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray.

47 Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land. 
48 He saw that they were in serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. He intended to go past them, 
49 but when they saw him walking on the water, they cried out in terror, thinking he was a ghost. 
50 They were all terrified when they saw him. But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage! I am here!” 
51 Then he climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. They were totally amazed, 
52 for they still didn’t understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in.
Observation

Let's not be too hard on the disciples of Jesus, you and I have just as serious of a heart problem as they did!
Just a few verses after this story Jesus lets us know this about our hearts in Mark 7:20-23:
And then he added, “It is what comes from inside that defiles you. For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.”
Hard stony hearts, a heart filled with wickedness, this is a description of my heart, not my neighbor's heart, no, no, no, … it is a description of my heart.
Jeremiah 17:9 says this about my heart, “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
Application
I know how rotten, how evil and how hard my heart can be that is why I need to be in God's Word every day. I need to keep my sins confessed up and I need to allow Jesus to be Lord of my life. I need to allow Him to be on the throne of my heart.
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Psalm 119:9,11
9 How can a young person stay pure?
    By obeying your word.
1 I have hidden your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to have a heart that seeks after You. Don't let me fill my heart with things that will cause me to sin. “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:14
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 21,22,23; Mark 6,7



No comments: