Sunday, February 23, 2020

Since They Could Not Get Him To Jesus Because Of The Crowd, They Made An Opening In The Roof Above Jesus By Digging Through It.


Since They Could Not Get Him To Jesus Because Of The Crowd,
They Made An Opening In The Roof
Above Jesus By Digging Through It.
Scripture
Mark 2
1 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 
2 They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 
3 Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 
4 Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. 
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
Observation
They were desperate! These four friends wanted their friend to meet Jesus because they knew that Jesus would heal their friend. Bringing people to Jesus because we love them and because we care about them – That is the way I came to know Jesus.
Someone cared enough about me to visit me and he continued to visit me and he did not give up on me until I started coming to a Bible study at church.
Now I have to admit that I didn't like his persistence because at the time I wasn't wanting to go to church, but he didn't give up. He was like one of the four friends carrying their friend to Jesus.
It was a few months later after I started attending his Bible study that I surrendered my life to Jesus.
I am forever grateful to this man who did not give up on me.
Who do we need to bring to Jesus? Who, because of our faith, needs to hear about our Savior?
WHO IS YOUR ONE? WHO IS MY ONE?
Application
I will be looking for my ONE who needs Jesus and I will be willing to be persistent to help him come to Christ.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be willing to sacrifice my time and money to see someone come to faith in Jesus. Those four men had to fix that roof after they tore it up to get their friend to Jesus. Help me to be willing to make sacrificies so that someone has the chance to know Jesus as his Savior and his Lord. Show me who I need to invest my time and my energy in, helping them to have a personal relationship with You.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 12,13; Psalms 90; Mark 2



No comments: