Friday, February 14, 2020

Love Never Gives Up, Never Loses Faith, Is Always Hopeful, And Endures Through Every Circumstance.


Love Never Gives Up, Never Loses Faith,
Is Always Hopeful,
And Endures Through Every Circumstance.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 
5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
Observation
I, Eddy, take thee, Kathy, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part ...” It was a promise I made to Kathy and to God over 50 years ago and it is a promise that I am definitely going to keep!
We need to think back to the vows that we made to each other on our wedding day when we find ourselves drifting apart, when all of a sudden we don't like our life partner very much.
It doesn't matter if you like him or like her right now or not! There are going to be plenty of days when you don't like your marriage partner very much. Marriage is tough. It requires a lot of hard work. You are living with an imperfect person and so is your partner.
Agape love is described in 1 Corinthians 13. If you are having trouble in your relationship then let me suggest putting 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 into practice!
You can't change your spouse, but you can sure change yourself – love him or her with 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love and you will be amazed at how your spouse will suddenly begin to change!
Application
I will enjoy Valentine's Day with my girlfriend of 50 years!
How about you? Agape love or selfish love?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for my wife. She is the best!
I pray for those who are struggling in their relationships. Help them to understand how to love their spouse with Agape love.
Don't ever let me forget that love is a choice that I need to make every single day … for better … for worse! Help me to keep my relationship with You close so that I can maintain a close relationship with Kathy. Help me to keep You first and Kathy second and everybody else and especially myself after that.
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 23,24; Psalms 24; Acts 21; I added: Psalm 34, Psalm 63; Proverbs 14; 1 Corinthians 13



No comments: