Saturday, February 08, 2020

“Unless You Are Circumcised As Required By The Law Of Moses, You Cannot Be Saved.”


Unless You Are Circumcised
As Required By The Law Of Moses,
You Cannot Be Saved.”
Scripture
Acts 15
While Paul and Barnabas were at Antioch of Syria, some men from Judea arrived and began to teach the believers: “Unless you are circumcised as required by the law of Moses, you cannot be saved.”
Observation
Eddy is not saying that! That was coming from a bunch of false teachers in Acts 15 who were trying to say that faith in Jesus, in Jesus' life, death, and resurrection were not enough to save!
I talked to someone today at the hospital who had become disillusioned with her religion. She told me that she had once even been a Sunday School teacher, but lately she had been exploring the teachings of the Buddhist religion. The lady was in her early 70's.
She was open to talk so I took the time to share with her about my relationship with Jesus Christ. I let her know that I didn't think it bothered God that she was questioning. Religion never saves us.
I told her that church attendance was good, but it didn't make someone a Christian anymore than pushing a wheelbarrow into a garage made it a car. Going through rituals does not save someone; it doesn't matter if it is church attendance or like back in the Apostle Paul's day the ritual of being circumcised. (And by the way, if this was needed for someone to be saved what about the women?)
After a long talk with this woman I encouraged her to get back to reading her Bible, using an easy to read translation and I encouraged her to pray and ask God to reveal truth to her. She had also begun to doubt the veracity or truthfulness of the Word of God.

Application
I told this woman that I was going to pray for her and ask my Heavenly Father to reveal Himself to her. I know that unless God draws her to Himself that she will never be saved. So I will pray for her and count on God to save her.
How about you? Who are you praying for?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am counting on You. Your Word says in Acts 4:12, There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.” So I know what this lady needs is a relationship with Jesus. Help her find her way. Bring more believers into her life who will help her believe in Jesus Christ for her salvation. Thank You for saving me. I know that since You saved me that You can certainly save her too!
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 7,8,9; Acts 15; I added: Psalm 8, Psalm 38, Proverbs 8



No comments: