Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Have Mercy On Me, Lord, For I Am In Distress. Tears Blur My Eyes, My Body And Soul Are Withering Away.


Have Mercy On Me, Lord, For I Am In Distress.
Tears Blur My Eyes,
My Body And Soul Are Withering Away.
Scripture
Psalm 31
9 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am in distress.
    Tears blur my eyes.
    My body and soul are withering away.

10 I am dying from grief;
    my years are shortened by sadness.
Sin has drained my strength;
    I am wasting away from within.

11 I am scorned by all my enemies
    and despised by my neighbors—
    even my friends are afraid to come near me.
When they see me on the street,
    they run the other way.

12 I am ignored as if I were dead,
    as if I were a broken pot.

23 Love the Lord, all you godly ones!
    For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him,
    but he harshly punishes the arrogant.

24 So be strong and courageous,
    all you who put your hope in the Lord!

Observation
Read the Psalms! King David could have been the author of this children's song, “nobody likes me, everybody hates me, i guess i'm gonna eat some worms…short fat slimey ones, long thin curly ones, see how they wiggle and squirm!”
Yes all of us, even a brave and courageous person like King David, will go through times of feeling like nobody loves us and that nobody cares about us!
When I am down, and yes there are times when Eddy Williams gets down, all I need to do is open up my Bible and read the Psalms and I will discover that David even at the worst times of his life always knew that there was Somebody who loved him and who cared about him.
Application
So when I am down. When I feel that the world has turned against me. When I feel like “nobody likes me, that everybody hates me, and I feel like eating some worms” I am going to turn to the One who I know loves me. And I am going to spend time in God's Word, especially reading the Psalms.
How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You love me. I don't know why but You love me. Your Word says that You delight in me. You delight in every detail of my life. I don't deserve Your love. When I am down, when I am struggling, You are right there. You will never leave me nor forsake me. Nothing touches my life that You do not allow.
I pray for friends who are feeling like no one loves them. Show them, Lord that You are enough. Get them through this rough time. Show them that they are blessed and highly favored. Show them how valuable they are! Lift them up out of the pit!
Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 15,16,17; Acts 18; I added: Psalm 31, Psalm 41, Proverbs 11



No comments: