Saturday, February 01, 2020

Enter His Gates With Thanksgiving; Go Into His Courts With Praise. Give Thanks To Him And Praise His Name.


Enter His Gates With Thanksgiving;
Go Into His Courts With Praise.
Give Thanks To Him And Praise His Name.
Scripture
Psalm 100
1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Worship the Lord with gladness.
    Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
    He made us, and we are his.
    We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
    go into his courts with praise.
    Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good.
    His unfailing love continues forever,
    and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
Observation
A thankful heart is a happy heart! Do you have an attitude of gratitude? Do I? I don't know about you, but I have so much to be thankful for! My wife, my kids, my grandkids, my extended family, all of my friends, my health, and so much more!
I have the awesome opportunity to serve the Lord as a part-time chaplain at a local hospital here in our area. Serving at the hospital provides me with a constant reminder that life is very fragile. Yes, things in our lives can change very quickly from one day to the next.
How we face these new challenges that come our way every day is so very important!
Psalm 100 reminds me that a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I share these two verses all the time with patients in the hospital:
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
Let's take time to thank the Lord for all that He has done in our lives!
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Application

I will take time today to give thanks to the Lord for everything that I can think of!

How about you? Do you have a thankful heart?
Psalm 50:23
But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”
Psalm 109:30
But I will give repeated thanks to the Lord, praising him to everyone.
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that it is very important to remind myself of how good that You have been to me. I have so much to be thankful for! As a Father, I know how important it is to have your children take the time to say, “Thanks!” No one likes to be taken for granted. You created me. You have given me everything. Everything that You have created will one day be part of my inheritance. I am so blessed. Thank You for my family and my friends and my health. Thank You for loving me. You are a good good Father! You are the best!
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 30,31,32; Acts 8; I added: Psalm 1, Psalm 100; Proverbs 1
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: