Friday, February 28, 2020

Love Is Patient And Kind.


Love
Is
Patient And Kind.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 
5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Observation
Married or in a relationship with someone who is not patient? Who is not kind? Oh, wouldn't it be nice if they would just change! If that describes you and your situation then 1 Corinthians 13:7 is for you, “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”
It breaks my heart when I hear that a couple is not getting along with each other.
After being married for 50 years to my highschool sweetheart I can tell you from personal experience what messes up my relationship with Kathy from time to time and what can mess up any relationship that you may be involved in.
Are you ready? It is “Me … Myself … and I”!
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged
Application

I will put Kathy's needs and the needs of others above my own.

How about you?
Philippians 2:3-4
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 
4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
Romans 12:16
Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am by nature a selfish person. But I also realize that I have Christ living in me and I know that I always have the choice to either be selfish or selfless. Help me to choose to be a servant rather than the one who wants to be served.
I pray for those who are having a rough time in their relationship. Help them to put 1 Corinthians 13 into practice regardless of the behavior of their partner. Show them how to weather the storm. Help them model Christlikeness even under difficult circumstances.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 24,25,26,27; 1 Corinthians 13



No comments: