Saturday, February 22, 2020

My Heart Has Heard You Say, “Come And Talk With Me.” And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.”


My Heart Has Heard You Say,
Come And Talk With Me.”
And My Heart Responds, “Lord, I Am Coming.”
Scripture
Psalm 27
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—
    so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
    so why should I tremble?
2 When evil people come to devour me,
    when my enemies and foes attack me,
    they will stumble and fall.
3 Though a mighty army surrounds me,
    my heart will not be afraid.
Even if I am attacked,
    I will remain confident.
7 Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
    Be merciful and answer me!
8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
    And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
Observation
At our house, when Kathy and I first get up, she goes to her quiet place and I go to mine and we take time to pray and spend time with God in His Word. Nothing is more important … nothing!
There are times when I have to be somewhere early that I will read and have my quiet time the night before or I will get up an hour earlier, but this is the exception for me and not the rule.
I love spending time with the Lord in the morning and yes, I know that you might be a person who stays up late and loves to spend time with the Lord at night.
The main thing for you and the main thing for me is that we spend time with the Lord every day.
Let's not let social media rob us of this … in fact, let's not let social media rob us of spending time with our family and friends!
Let's not be glued to our phones or tablet or our computers unless we are using them to read our Bibles.
Let's quiet ourselves so we can hear the Lord saying, “Come and talk with me.” And so we can respond, “Lord, I am coming.”
Application
I will be in this sacred spot in my bedroom spending time with the Lord every day.
How about you? Do you have a quiet place where you meet the Lord every day?
Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for meeting me this morning in our very special place. Don't let me miss a day. I always want to be excited about spending time with You. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You call me Your friend even though I don't deserve Your friendship.

I pray for those who are tired and weary today. Give them strength. Help them open up Your Word and spend time with You so they can be strong!

Isaiah 40:31
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 10,11; Psalms 27; Mark 1



No comments: