Sunday, February 02, 2020

I Know The Lord Is Always With Me. I Will Not Be Shaken, For He Is Right Beside Me.


I Know
The Lord Is Always With Me.
I Will Not Be Shaken, For He Is Right Beside Me.
Scripture
Psalm 16
8 I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
Observation
This morning I had the privilege of reading about 3 great men, Moses, David, and the Apostle Paul. Moses and God talk together as friends (Ex. 33:11). The Bible says that David was a man after God's own heart (1 Sam. 13:14). And Paul wrote most of the New Testament.
These three men had this in common ... they all had made the decision to put God first in their lives. You and I have the opportunity to make that same choice.
And when we do put God first in our life and when Jesus Christ is Lord of our life then we can make the same bold statement that David makes in Psalm 16:8 when he says, “I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.”
Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!


Application
I will put God first in my life today.
How about you?
Psalm 37
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
    for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to be like Moses, David, and Paul. I want You to be able to count on me. Show me anything in my life that needs to change so I can confess it and turn from it. I want You to have a relationship with me like You have with Moses, David, and Paul. Don't let me do stupid sins that mess up our friendship!
I pray for any person reading this blog today. May Your face shine on them. Encourage them, Lord. Help them get moving and help them get to church today. Help them to put You first in his or her life.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 33,34; Psalms 16; Acts 9



No comments: