Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Have Put Before You An Open Door That No One Can Close.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezekiel 4; Ezekiel 5; Ezekiel 6; Ezekiel 7; Revelation 3

I Have Put Before You

An Open Door

That No One Can Close.

Scripture

Revelation 3

“I know what you do. I have put before you an open door that no one can close. I know you are weak, but you have followed my teaching.

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and eat with you. And you will eat with me.

Observation

Jesus was speaking to the seven churches in Revelation 3, but what He said to two of them can speak to our hearts today. To the church in Philadelphia He writes, “I know what you do. I have put before you an open door that no one can close. I know you are weak, but you have followed my teaching.” 

Jesus does know what we do. He does know that we are weak. And yet He still opens doors for us that no one can close. He has in my life and if you are a Christ follower I am sure that He has opened doors for you too. 

To the church at Laodicea Jesus says, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and eat with you. And you will eat with me.”

Jesus wants us to fellowship with Him. We have to open up the door of our heart for Him to come in. We must spend time with Him. Listen … do you hear His voice … then open up the door of your heart and let Him come in! Don’t shut Him out!  

Application

  I will focus on the doors that are open in my life and not worry about the ones that seem closed. I will open up the door of my heart to Jesus and I will enjoy spending time with Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t ever want to be lukewarm when it comes to my relationship with You. Don’t let it ever happen. Keep me away from sin that would mess up my relationship with You. I pray for those going through difficult times today. I pray that You would be their strength. I pray that they would depend on You. I pray for healing. I pray that You open doors for those that are seeking to serve You. Those friends of ours that want to go on mission trips I pray that You provide for them. You are the God that opens doors that no one can shut. You are God All-Powerful!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: