Monday, August 20, 2012

But If We Confess Our Sins, God Will Forgive Us. We Can Trust God To Do This.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 48; Jeremiah 49; Psalm 67; 1 John 1 

But If We Confess Our Sins,

God Will Forgive Us.

We Can Trust God To Do This.

Scripture

1 John 1 

But if we confess our sins, God will forgive us. We can trust God to do this. He always does what is right. He will make us clean from all the wrong things we have done.

Observation

Maybe you are like the lady that I talked to Saturday at Mission Tampa who told me that if she didn’t pray for forgiveness of her sins every night then she would go to Hell because she had sins that she didn’t ask forgiveness for!

When she left even after all my “eloquent” explaining about the assurance of salvation I believe she still probably thinks that she can lose her salvation. She agreed with me that salvation was a free gift. She even seemed to agree with me that salvation was something that was undeserved, but she still thought that if she committed one sin that she didn’t remember to confess that she would go to Hell.

Don’t laugh! There are a lot of people that live everyday just like she does. You might be one of them. If you are I hope you listen up – there is hope for you yet! Christ died one time for the penalty of your sin and my sin. We deserve death, both physical and spiritual death. We deserve to be eternally separated from God because we are sinners. Our sin is what separates from God.

God sent Jesus Christ to redeem us from the penalty of sin. He paid that penalty by sacrificing his sinless life on the cross. He wants to exchange His sinless life for our sinful lives. When we put our faith and our trust in what He did on the cross then we have eternal life. It is ours. It is an eternal, everlasting, underserved free gift.

Even though we are Christians we are still going to sin. The Apostle John says, “But if we confess our sins, God will forgive us.” What is he talking about? As children of God when we sin we break our fellowship with God – we don’t lose our salvation – we are still His children – but we have messed up our relationship. So we need to come to Him and ask Him to forgive us. Not so that we can regain our salvation, but so we can walk in a right relationship with Him. To walk in a right relationship with Him is to be able to walk under His authority and receive His blessings.

Application

I will keep my sins confessed up so I can walk in a right relationship with my Heavenly Father.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me Eternal Life. I don’t deserve it, but I know that I won’t lose it. I didn’t do anything to earn or deserve it and I know that I can’t do anything that would cause me to lose it. I am Yours forever! I am Your prized possession. I have been bought with a very high price. I pray that people would understand this truth today as I share the Gospel with them today at Mission Tampa. Give them spiritual understanding. Open their spiritual eyes to the Truth!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: