Wednesday, August 08, 2012

I Give My Sheep Eternal Life. They Will NEVER DIE, And No One Can Take Them Out Of My Hand.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 1; Jeremiah 2; John 10

I Give My Sheep Eternal Life.

They Will NEVER DIE,

And No One Can Take Them Out Of My Hand.

Scripture

John 10

28 I give my sheep eternal life. They will never die, and no one can take them out of my hand.

  29 My Father is the one who gave them to me, and he is greater than all. No one can steal my sheep out of his hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

Observation

On July 27th I fell unconscious and would have been dead in matter of minutes if my defibrillator hadn’t of kicked in and jump started me back to this life. July 27th was a reminder to me of just how quick my life here on this earth could be over. I fell unconscious with no warning at all! When I had my heart attack I had time to think to myself, “Oh my goodness I am having a heart attack.” On July 27th I had no time to think – I just fell unconscious. If I could pick a way I would like to die I would definitely pick a July 27th episode over my October 24th heart attack! … But all of that is in my Father’s hands!

I say that I would have been dead, but in reality I can never die!

I have been given eternal life. I will never die, and no one can take me out of Jesus’ hand. My Heavenly Father is the one who gave me to Jesus, and He is greater than all. No one can steal me out of his hand. My Heavenly Father and Jesus are One!

I am sort of a bionic man with this equipment implanted in my body, but I know that one day it must fail and my body must shut down otherwise I would never get to step into what God really has in store for me. All of this on earth is just a taste of what God has for me. I haven’t seen anything yet. 

May sound sort of weird to you, but on Monday I wrote out my “Memorial Celebration Service” and emailed it to Kathy. She didn’t open the email until last night after I came home from a fishing trip with Bobby Baker and with a long time friend of Kathy’s and me, Woody Gore. Kathy and I had a good laugh together, but now she knows in writing exactly how I want things done when I exit this life. Of course, I told her she could ignore all of what I wrote and just do anything she wanted and I wouldn’t care one bit!

 Application

 I will live today like it could be my last!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my life is in your hand. Nobody can separate us! I have been given Eternal Life. I will live forever. My life on this earth is just a breath. It is so short. I am looking forward to living with You forever. Help me to serve You with all my heart until the day You take me home. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: