Friday, August 17, 2012

When He Tasted The Wine, He Said, “It Is Finished.” Then He Bowed His Head And Died.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 23; Jeremiah 24; Jeremiah 25; John 19

When He Tasted The Wine,

He Said, “It Is Finished.”

Then He Bowed His Head And Died.

Scripture

John 19

30 When he tasted the wine, he said, “It is finished.” Then he bowed his head and died.

Observation 

 The soldiers took Jesus. 17 He carried his own cross to a place called “The Place of the Skull.” (In Aramaic the name of this place is “Golgotha.”) 18 There they nailed Jesus to the cross. They also nailed two other men to crosses. They put them on each side of Jesus with him in the middle.

30 When he tasted the wine, he said, “It is finished.” Then he bowed his head and died.

When you and I see a cross around someone’s neck what does it symbolize to us? To some that wear crosses around their necks it is a good luck charm and they wear it thinking that it is going to bring them good luck – just like a rabbit’s foot – or any other lucky charm. 

When I see a cross I see the heart of God! It reminds me of how much He loves me. He loves me so much that He went to the cross for me. He died on that cruel cross for you too! When he said, “It is finished.” His earthly mission to this world was complete. He had provided with His own blood a way for us to go to Heaven. 

When I hear people talk about God, but never hear them talk about Jesus or even mention Jesus’ Name, I have to wonder – “Do they know Him” Is He their Lord and Savior? To that person that only talks about God and never mentions the name Jesus it could be that to him or her, the cross that they wear around the neck is just a lucky charm and nothing more! 

How sad is that!

Application

When I see a cross today I will think about what Jesus did for me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You loved me so much that You sent Your One and Only Son to die on the cross for me. Jesus will come back in Victory. Come Lord Jesus Come!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: