Tuesday, August 21, 2012

If We Say We Live In God, We Must Live The Way Jesus Lived.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 21; Jeremiah 24; Jeremiah 27; Psalm 118; 1 John 2

If We Say

We Live In God,

We Must Live The Way Jesus Lived.

Scripture

1 John 2

If we say we live in God, we must live the way Jesus lived.

Observation

Politicians all seem to have some kind of connection to a church when it gets close to an election! Wouldn’t it be refreshing if more of them actually lived the way Jesus lived. But I don’t want to be too hard on politicians … on second thought - yes I do!

There are exceptions with those running for public office. Ronda Storms is one of those rare exceptions.  Her close walk with Jesus challenged me when I served as one of her pastors at First Baptist Brandon. It is refreshing to be around someone who lives the way Jesus lived.

Does our example challenge those around us to live the way Jesus lived? It should.

Application

I want to live for God. I want to live the way Jesus lived. How about you?  

Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me live the way Jesus lived. Help me be an example to those around me. I pray for Ronda Storms today and other Christ followers that have decided to make a difference in our world by running for public office. Keep her away from sin. Give her wisdom. Help her to influence the leaders in our community to act in accordance with Your Word. Protect her from the Evil one. Bless her husband David and the rest of their family.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: