Monday, August 13, 2012

“You Did Not Choose Me. I Chose You…”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 13; Jeremiah 14; Jeremiah 15; John 15

“You Did Not Choose Me.

I Chose You…”

Scripture

John 15

16 “You did not choose me. I chose you. …”

Observation

To think that Creator God chose me to be one of His children is a wonderful thought as I start this week! How about you? Have you been chosen too?

I was not good at baseball growing up and it was not fun when the two team captains picked their teams. It was agonizing for me as well as for them. I was usually picked by default when there was no one else left for them to pick! Thank goodness that there was also a sport called football.

God didn’t pick me by default. He didn’t pick me because I was the last one to be picked. No, God’s word tells me that I am a delight to Him. I am the apple of His eye! He chose me before the foundation of the world!

I don’t know why He did. I surely don’t deserve His love or deserve being one of His chosen, but I am very glad that I am.

Everything that happens in my life has to be viewed from the perspective of being one of God’s children. Nothing … Nothing … Absolutely Nothing … that happens to me is just by accident. I am not lucky. It didn’t just happen by coincidence! It happened in the light of me being chosen. Whatever it is …good or bad…it all happens under the watchful eye of my Heavenly Father who chose to have me as one of His children! Nothing gets to me without first being filtered through the loving arms of my Heavenly Father. It can’t happen to me unless He allows it. And if He allowed it then ultimately it is for my good that He has let it happen! 

How do you know if you have been chosen? Has there been a time in your life when you turned from sin and self and turned to God? Have you trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ in what He did for you on the cross? Have you asked and received forgiveness of your sins? Have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior? If your answer to those questions was a big YES, then you are one of God’s chosen possessions just like me!

The following is taken from Anne Graham Lotz book, “Why”. It is a book that Kathy and I are reading together each morning. I highly recommend it to you and I especially recommend it if you are walking through difficult times right now!

When there are no answers to your questions …
            Trust Him when you don’t understand.
                        Trust His heart.
                          Trust His Purpose
                             Trust Him when it is your heart that’s broken.          
                                Trust His goodness.
                                    Trust Him beyond the grave.
                                       Trust Him to know best.
                                          Trust His plan to be bigger than yours.
                                             Trust Him to keep His Word.             
                                                Trust Him to be on time.
                                                   Trust Him to be enough.
                                                      Trust Him to set you free.  
                                                         Trust Him –and Him alone!
The times when you and I can’t trace His hand of purpose, we must trust His heart of love! Trust HIM!

When I don’t understand why, I trust him because …

            God does care—more than I can possibly know.

 Application

I will trust Him today! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have chosen me. I am the apple of Your eye. You delight in me. I don’t know why. Everything that happens in my life has to come through You first. You are my Rock. You are my hiding place. You are my Savior. I trust You today and I will trust You tomorrow. You are so good to me. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: