Saturday, August 04, 2012

I Am The Bread That Gives Life.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6

I Am

The Bread

That Gives Life.

Scripture

John 6

48 I am the bread that gives life.

Observation

When Jesus made this statement it was huge. 

The Jews knew that Jesus was claiming to be God when He used the two words “I am”. Jesus said that he was the bread of life. The Jews remembered how God had provided “manna” for their ancestors in the wilderness. He provided it everyday for 40 years. He sustained them with “bread from Heaven”.

 Jesus is saying that He is the real Bread from Heaven. 

Jesus is enough. When we have Jesus in our hearts we should be content. If we aren’t content then maybe we have allowed a bunch of junk to slip into our hearts and Jesus has been crowded out.
Jesus needs to have the number One place in our hearts and lives. Give Him Praise.

Application

Jesus is enough for me today. I will trust Him with every part of my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the opportunity to know Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. He is all I need. I know that You know everything that I need and I know it brings You great joy to provide those things for me. You are an awesome God!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: