Saturday, August 18, 2012

“Put Your Finger Here. Look At My Hands. Put Your Hand Here In My Side. Stop Doubting And Believe.” Thomas Said To Jesus, “My Lord And My God!”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 26; Jeremiah 35; Jeremiah 36; John 20

“Put Your Finger Here. Look At My Hands.

Put Your Hand Here In My Side. Stop Doubting And Believe.”

Thomas Said To Jesus, “My Lord And My God!”


Scripture


John 20

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here. Look at my hands. Put your hand here in my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

Observation


Doubting that Jesus is God is not only a problem for Thomas, one of Jesus’ very own disciples, it is also a problem for a lot of people today. Jesus is God. And that statement is true whether you believe it or not. You may not believe in the law of gravity, but if you were to step off of the top of the Empire State Building you would fall to your death whether you believed the law of gravity was true or not.

 One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is LORD – whether you believe it or not. 

Doubting Thomas became a believer that day when Jesus confronted him with the undeniable truth of His Deity. Thomas’ response to seeing the Risen Christ, “My Lord and my God!” 

Are you a doubting Thomas? Or are you a believer?  

Application

I will trust the Lord today. He is my Lord and my God!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for being so patient with us. You didn’t give up on Thomas and you didn’t give up on me. I pray for those that may be reading this blog today that are still doubting and who have yet to put their faith and their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that You would give them understanding and I pray that You would take away their spiritual blindness. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: