Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Now That I Am Old And Gray, Do Not Abandon Me, O God. Let Me Proclaim Your Power To This New Generation


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Now That I Am Old And Gray,
Do Not Abandon Me, O God.
Let Me Proclaim Your Power To This New Generation

This was the Psalm that my son Tim held onto and shared with me when I had my heart attack.

Scripture

Psalm 71

9 And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside.
    Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing.


18 Now that I am old and gray,
    do not abandon me, O God.
Let me proclaim your power to this new generation,

    your mighty miracles to all who come after me.

20 You have allowed me to suffer much hardship,
    but you will restore me to life again
    and lift me up from the depths of the earth.


Observation

I am glad that my son Tim went to the word of God to find comfort and strength when his Dad was close to death. So glad that he has made the decision to be a man of God and that he knows where to find help in time of need.

I am old and gray, but I still want to be used by God to change lives.

How about you? Maybe you are not old yet, but do you have a desire to be used by God? Do you have a desire to see men and women’s lives transformed?  I hope you do.

I am so proud of the young men and women at Christ Fellowship. They have such a desire to lead. I want them to be successful. I want God to bless their ministries.

I can remember serving the church that used to meet in this exact spot that Christ Fellowship now meets at over 40 years ago and as a young person having the awesome privilege to see hundreds of people come to Christ. It was so exciting for Kathy and I. And I now sense that same excitement in our young men and women who are serving at Christ Fellowship.


Application

Even though I am old and gray I will do my best to encourage and be an example to these young leaders so they can be all that Christ wants them to be!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to do my best to be an encouragement to the men at our church. I pray that You will use them to change our city. I pray that they will be totally sold out to You … 100%.

Keep them away from dumb stupid sins that would destroy them. Help them to grow and help them to be strong and courageous. Be glorified through them. Use them in a mighty way for Your kingdom! Amen.

Daily Bible Reading Genesis 34,35,36; Luke 14; Psalm 68-72

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: