Saturday, January 17, 2015

If Your Brother Or Sister Sins Against You, Rebuke Them, And If They Repent, Forgive Them.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

If Your Brother Or Sister Sins Against You, Rebuke Them,
And If They Repent,
Forgive Them. 

Brokenness, a repentant heart, and forgiveness are the keys to all successful relationships.



Scripture

Luke 17

“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. 4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Observation

Brokenness, a repentant heart, and forgiveness are the keys to all successful relationships.

Three of the most important phrases for any successful relationships are: I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

One of our best life long friends crossed the line late in his marriage and committed adultery with a co-worker and left his wife to live with this younger woman. His wife, also one of our life long best friends waited for her husband. She waited a year and a half. I can remember my friend’s phone call when he called me to tell me that he had decided to go back with his wife if she would have him back.

Today my friend and his wife have a wonderful relationship. They help couples that are struggling in their marriages. They serve out of brokenness.

I marvel at what God can do when a man and woman humble themselves, come to a place of repentance and brokenness, and learn the lesson of forgiveness.

I heard this week of another man who is communicating with his wife and saying that he would like to come back home to her if she would have him back.

My counsel to her would be this:

  1. Let him come home if you detect and see true brokenness and repentance in his life.
  2. Is he willing to do everything and anything to make your marriage work? This would include going to marriage preparation classes or counseling sessions.
  3. He would commit to getting help with any addictions that have hurt their relationship.
  4. Is he willing to commit to being involved in ministry together, not just church attendance.

Evidence of true repentance is brokenness. I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

 Application

I will practice these 3 phrases with Kathy this week. I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have watched You heal marriages. This year we have witnessed a miracle in a young couple’s marriage. Marriage is Your idea. Relationships work when there is repentance and forgiveness. Help those that I am thinking about right now. Heal their relationships. I pray that they would put You first in their lives. Help them reach the point of brokenness so they can experience all that You want them to experience. I pray for a miracle. I pray for healing. Amen.

Daily Bible Reading Genesis 42,43; Psalms 5; Luke 17;

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: