Tuesday, January 27, 2015

How Wonderful And Pleasant It Is When Brothers Live Together In Harmony!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

How Wonderful And Pleasant It Is
When
Brothers Live Together In Harmony!

 I hope you are fortunate enough to have the kind of friends like we have.

Scripture

Psalm 133

How wonderful and pleasant it is
    when brothers live together in harmony!

Observation

Today we buried a very good friend of mine, Dick Whittleton. Dick and I had some very good talks together over the past year and a half. Dick had cancer and he also had a bad heart. We thought that it would be the bad heart that would take him since he had many heart attacks and his heart was not real strong.

Before the cancer became such an issue we would just talk about each other’s aches and pains that we both had because of our damaged hearts.

Every visit I made to Dick’s home to see him after he had gotten so sick actually made me feel better when I left. We talked about death quite a bit. We didn’t know which one of us would go first. But we both knew that we were on the short list!

Dick planned out what would happen today (his funeral) quite a long time ago. Both of us, since we both had already come close to death, we both already planned out our funeral services. We both wanted our funerals to be a time of celebration! We didn’t want it to be sad.

The cancer had caused Dick a lot of pain over the past several weeks, but even with the pain and weakness he was still able to smile. He had amazing strength in those last days. He faced his approaching death with faith and confidence. I hope I am able to do the same.

Over the years Dick Whittleton was way more than my mechanic; he was my friend.

I hope you are fortunate enough to have the kind of friends like we have.

Application

I will try to laugh and enjoy my friends more during the days ahead. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love to see what You are doing at Christ Fellowship. I love to watch the young people as they grow in Christ. I pray for them. I pray that they will make life long friends. Friends are so important. Help them make friends like Kathy and I have made. Help them love people deeply. Help them make those great friendships that will carry them through tough times, even the death of a friend. 

Daily Bible Reading Exodus 17,18,19,20; Acts 3; Psalm 131-136


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: