Monday, January 12, 2015

A Person Is A Fool To Store Up Earthly Wealth But Not Have A Rich Relationship With God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

A Person Is A Fool
To Store Up Earthly Wealth
But Not Have A Rich Relationship With God.

How foolish are you? 

Scripture

Luke 12

16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops.
 
17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’
 
18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. 19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’

21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

Observation

What a knucklehead! What a fool! Life is not measured by how much you own.

Maybe you are catching yourself today worrying about all that you don’t have?

Maybe you are worrying about lots of other things today.

Mondays tend to be a day for that kind of stuff.

Read Luke 12:6-22 Jesus tells us, “Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—“

 Application

This week I will concentrate my attention on my relationship with God and when I catch myself worrying I will give those concerns to Him.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to put into practice Philippians 4:6-7 this week.

    Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

And help me live out Luke 12:31 

 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.
Daily Bible Reading Genesis 29,30; Luke 12; Psalm 57-61


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: